More Altered Envelopes

As promised here are the other envelopes I altered, believe me it is addictive because I still want to make more... more... more... I used some of the new Summer distress inks they are definitely a must have, stunning colours!

No doubt there will be more of these... next step is to use larger envelopes, paper scraps and so on. It would be nice to see what the envelope looks like when you actually send it to someone :) I wonder if there is anyone out there up of a swap? Would love to create some envelopes (and matching cards) for my crafty friends :) Just leave a comment if you do or contact me by email.

Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow Ink - Tawny Turquoise
Stampendous Cling - Lone Bird
Stampendous Cling - Feather Points
Some masking with Spellbinders cutouts

Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Rusty Hinge
Stampendous Cling - Bathing Beauty
Stampendous Cling - By The Sea
Aspects Of Design - Mesh Effect Background
Crafters Workshop Stencil - Mini Cosmic Swirl
Creative Expressions Mask - Small Polka
Uni-ball signo pen - white
Caran D'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble wax pastels
Derwent Inktense Watersoluble Ink Pencils

Distress Inks - Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade
Stampendous Cling - Blossom Spray
Uni-ball signo pen - white
Caran D'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble wax pastels
Derwent Inktense Watersoluble Ink Pencils

Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Pickled Raspberry, Vintage Photo
Stampendous Cling - Felinus
Stampendous Clear - Charm Collection
7 Gypsies Clear - Lille
Uni-ball signo pen - white
Crafters Workshop 6x6 - Mini Paradise
Ranger Dylusions 5x8 stencil - Letter Jumble

You can find some of the materials at The Stamp Man


The Stamp Man Challenge - Bling it on

My project is a 2 parter, Mail Art altered envelope and a matching card. I did make more than one envelope because I got hooked, I will post them later :)

I started with the distress inks in the new summer colours on the envelope (front and back) and card, then sprayed the glitz spritz to give it a shine and watery (drops) effect. I stamped my mermaid image and added a net effect using the mesh background stamp.

On the bottom of the envelope I used one of the Artemio stamps to create a sand like texture using Versamark and  Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder.

Well I have to admit that I hate colouring stamps, although I love to draw and paint colouring 'existing images' (stamps) is not my favourite technique but I thought it will be good to come out of my comfort zone and do something different.

For this I used my wax crayons and Inktens pencils to get a painterly effect and I have to say I actually enjoyed it he he. To finish I used a white pen and for the bling effect a silver and gold pen :) I framed one of the mermaids using spellbinders dies and added it to the card using dimensional stickers to lift it up a bit.

Materials I used are;
Stampendous cling - Mermaid
Artemio Clear Stamp Set - Distressed Backgrounds
Aspects Of Design - Mesh Effect Background
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry
Ranger Archival ink - Jet Black
VersaMark - Watermark Ink Pad
Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Glow's Glitz Spritz - Royal Lapis Lazuli Fire
Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Glow's Two-Toned Embossing Powder - Desert Moon Copper Pine
Card stock - Kraft, White
Caran D'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble wax pastels
Derwent Inktense Watersoluble Ink Pensils
Uni-ball signo pen - white, silver, yellow, gold
Faber-Castell PITT artsit pen - black XS
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Petit Ovals Large & Petit Scalloped Ovals Large
Recycled - Kraft Envelope

You can find some of the materials at The Stamp Man


Lavender Sachet Swap with Terri

On Friday I received my parcel from Terri containing this lovely Lavender Sachet. We decided to make one for each other in a swap.

I absolutely love the stamp she used - I think it is a stamp from Crafty Individuals - the adorable beading, the colour she has chosen for the fabric and the card she made. Thank you so much Teri!!




UFO part 2 and some good news

It's been a while since I posted, life has been too stressful... but finally I got the best news ever - all clear! After my mammogram I was called for a follow up appointment where they told me that they found a lump and I needed a breast biopsy to see what it was.

I've been in Limbo for a couple of weeks with in the back of my mind that my mother and sister had breast cancer. Such a relief when I finally got the result that it is all clear and nothing to worry about.

For all woman out there - make sure you check, double check and check again. Early detection can save life's!

Anyway on to crafting again. Thinking of family and the past I decided to finally finished another piece of my pile of UFO's... and altered frame and using a family photo.

I used a cheap wooden frame, added dark brown acrylic and let it dry. To create a crackle effect add  a layer of white glue and let it almost dry before adding a contrasting colour - mine is white - that will create the crackle. To finish it I painted to metal corners white and added the to the frame.

The photo I used is the only photo that exists of my grandparents. I have never known my grandfather, he died when my father was 4 years old making my grandmother a widow at 34 years old.

I stitched the photo on some calico fabric and added some black studs. the lace on the edge was my grandmothers which I hoarded it for years. The paper on the background is from the Be Mine collection by Echo Park.