Sunday

Birthday Banner

Last year I posted an idea on youtube, a request to create a banner for a 50th birthday of a fellow youtuber in March this year - a secret project :) Ten people signed up and created their own banner, every one of them is unique. The birthday girl likes purple and butterflies and that is what we had as a brief... for the rest is was just enjoy and play :)

Here is the banner I made:


I crumbled up some tissue paper, sprayed it with the Cosmic Shimmer Mists and glued it to the chipboard to create a background. It's a great technique to create something different and it is very easy to do! For the wings I used the Sizzix Butterfly Die which I cut apart and only used the bottom part of the wings. It's one of my favourite dies :)


Materials I used are
My own banner template (freebie for you to use if you like to try the banner)
Tissue paper
Chipboard frame
Cosmic Shimmer Mists - Peacock Green, Purple Violet, Ocean Sunlight, Golden Mint
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Tim Holtz Grungepaper
Sizzix Bigs Die - Butterfly #2 (656552)
Sizzix Bigz Die - Petal Card (654441)
Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip - Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosettes
Martha Stewart Craft Punch - 5 leaf branch
Lace trim, vintage seam binding
Bling, metal rose

You can find some of the materials here:
- Martha Stewart Punch and sizzix dies from Cutting Edge Crafts
- Cosmic Shimmer Glimmer mists, Tim Holtz dies and other products from The Stampman

1 comment: